Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Draft Daze



Eleven days ago I finished my first full YA manuscript since 2012, all 64k. Granted, the last three chapters are currently abysmal and the novel is in heavy need of revision, but I FINISHED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, this is how ecstatic I am) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Phew, megalithic sigh as writer's block finally falls off of my shoulders)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Too tired for ice cream or even a celebratory Disney movie) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I'm done with the excessively euphoric punctuation . . .

I'm just very glad to have a working blueprint I can improve upon now. Cinderella's slipper seems so very far away sometimes, but I still believe in fairy tales. Sometimes you just have to walk barefoot in the dark  for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment